Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How allergic to bees are you?

I was going to a concert the other weekend. (John Mayer, if anyone was reallllly that curious) and I was out and about town grabbing a few last minute things before meeting my friends at Babcia's house so we could carpool to the concert. I get home and my brother, Cameron, is already there waiting for me, and he points to the kitchen counter, where I see this:
"HELP!! Could someone please put up the umbrella outside - Thank you, Ella-Ella-Ella"
She has watched a little too much of...
THIS with a little too much of HER....
But what really happened was that there was a whole heck of a lot of bees that had taken up residence in her porch umbrella. My brother went out, being the big manly 17yr old that he is, but he doesn't know his allergic status. I wasn't going to DARE go out and potentially get stung by thousands of swarming bees just to put up an umbrella. But of course, when each one of my friends came in, her first words to them weren't "Hi, how are you?" like a normal person...they were "How allergic to bees are you?" She finally found Andrew who was crazy enough to go outside and put it up carefully, so that she could eat dinner out there after we left... 
amongst the bees?
(not my ideal dinner date, but who's to judge?)

Epipens and Diphenhydramine,
Justine

2 comments:

  1. i was at that concert...that is all. why didnt wenisa go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wenisa was home that weekend for a bridal shower and her dad's birthday! :( I know you missed her Max...

    ReplyDelete