Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How to Prepare Stir-Fry

One of the best perks about living with Babcia is that we don't have to worry about cooking many meals. And for those who know me, this is FABULOUS since I don't know how to cook. All I have to take care of is breakfast (which is Kashi Cereal every morning) and lunch (which is either a turkey or roast beef sandwich). She makes dinner for us every night, and the three of us sit down at the dinner table to enjoy delicious meals, mostly Polish foods. But once in a while, she wants to make me feel at home, so she'll make Chinese meals aka stir fry. She likes to ask me questions regarding what ingredients to include, but as mentioned above I have no experience whatsoever with cooking.

Once she even asked me how to eat stir-fry and watched me as I prepared my plate.

So let's go over the steps I used, so that you can prepare Stir-Fry the PROPER way!

1. Scoop rice into plate/bowl.

2. Scoop stir-fry on top of rice.

3. Add desired amount of crunchy noodley things on top.

4. Add soy souce. No matter how salty it already is. Skip the green topped one, there's no such thing as "low sodium" soy sauce

5. Enjoy with fork or chopsticks (which Babcia wants me to teach her how to use by April, however my skills are limited.)

I mean, it's stir fry...Nothing crazy.

Maybe my explanation wasn't good enough for Babcia, because for tonight's stir fry dinner, she whipped out the Betty Crocker Easy Chinese/Oriental Cooking Recipe Books (which I didn't even know existed, nor did I know Chinese was so easy)
Oriental Cooking? Easy Chinese? Thanks Betty Crocker...for simplifying my culture.

Lasix Love,
Wenisa

1 comment:

  1. Your Old Awesome Roommate!August 25, 2010 at 10:40 PM

    So. I have not had internet in awhile but I kept seeing this blog come up on the newsfeed on my phone and it was just too much effort to open a link on a phone. I am explaining this so you understand that I am catching up on past experiences. ANYWAY, I liked that you said "Kashi cereal" instead of twigs and also tried to pass your turkey sandwich as lunch instead of drunk snack. Furthermore, putting "no" in italics does not really do justice for the fact that you have ZERO cooking experience at all. What does grandma think of seaweed and rice, by the way?

    Miss you lots. The byh is weird without you :(

    ReplyDelete