Friday, January 21, 2011

I never learned that...

I hate socks. My feet really love to be free and not confined to the imprisonment of knits. or WOOLS. Gosh no. I believe that the desire for freedom that my feet have is akin to the feminist bra burning movement in the 1960s...minus all the politics. There are no political movements I am trying to make in not wearing socks.

Babcia however is horrified by my decision to strut around the house sock-less.

Her classic line?
"Your feet are going to catch a cold!" - Babcia
This is the only sick foot you will EVER see!
I'm sorry. WHAT?! In my 14 years of schooling and 4 years of pharmacy school, I have never schooled on the possibility of contracting a cold with your feet as a point of transmission. That is the silliest thing I have ever heard in my life. I wonder if that line was EVER effective with her daughters or anyone else to get them to put socks on.

Or maybe I'm just the most rebellious person she's ever encountered...

Or maybe she's really onto something. I did get sick for 3 weeks solid. Maybe I should not dismiss this one and contact someone from the Mayo Clinic or something...

Bactrim DS and a Zpak,
Justine

No comments:

Post a Comment