Monday, May 2, 2011

10 Things Wenisa Has Learned...

Today Wenisa is moving out. She's lived here for almost a full year, which doesn't seem possible. I asked her to "reflect" on the past year and she gave me the stink eye. Then after two consecutive mealtime conversations/lessons (one about the British Monarchy and the next about Charles Lindburgh and his desire to pick a wife based on her genes so he can have the children he desires)... I asked her to think to 10 things she learned while living with Babcia over the past year. Here's what she came up with:

1. Never forget to close the blinds at night to your back deck because a bear might be peekin in on you!
2. How to serve as a translator for Babcia. Justine talks kind of "fast" and "has marbles in her mouth" according to Babcia and she can never understand what she says, so I always have to explain what she said... I don't know how she's going to live with out me!
3. How to clean your old tarnished silver!!! Take  a glass bowl that has a crumpled piece of tin foil and a few spoonfuls of baking soda in it, put your tarnished silver in it, and pour some boiling water over it...and VOILA!
4. My eyes were opened to the world of Poland. Polish Harvest Festival, polish traditions, and most importantly POLISH FOOD! My favorite was definitely kielbasa...
5. I also learned about flower arrangements when I attended the Garden Club's monthly meeting with Babcia. I will most definitely never include my container as part of my arrangement EVER again!!
6. I met a 102 year old woman. I went to Justine's great grandmother's house on her 102nd birthday and that was just really cool!
7. I learned people still use landlines. Babcia's landline rings OFF THE HOOK! I've never heard a house phone ring so much...
8. Narcolepsy is contagious. (this statement may not be medically accurate)
9. Babcia maybe shouldn't run an online book company without our help...
10. Babcia is a good note taker. However, when it comes to finding the note, that's a WHOLE nother story. She has about 15 notebooks that she could have written it in, or on a piece of paper in the kitchen, on the desk, in her room, pretty much...it's gone for good. 

...and many more lessons learned :)

Babcia's adopted 5th grandchild... Wenisa :)
Thanks for everything Wenisa! I'm glad I had someone to share these memories with!

Zoloft and Effexor,
Justine and Wenisa

No comments:

Post a Comment