Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dinner Menu: BBQ Foot

I had recent foot surgery in which I was told to soak my foot in Epsom Salts for a few days before the surgery. My grandmother has EVERYTHING in her house (absolutely...everything)! Therefore I naturally came home to ask her if she had Epsom salts before I went out and purchased my own...
Justine: "Do you have Epsom Salts?"
Babcia: "ummm.... YA! I do! I have Kosher Salt. I think it's in my bathroom, underneath the sink."
Justine: "Kosher Salt? I have to soak my foot..I can't soak in Kosher Salts! Epsom Salts are different."
My Mom: (The chemical engineer) "Kosher Salt is sodium chloride. Epsom Salts are magnesium chloride"
Babcia: "Same thing..."
So I mosey my way to her bathroom, and sure enough. She has Kosher Salt under her sink.
Kosher Salt belongs in the Kitchen. Not under the bathroom sink.
So I brought the Kosher Salt (which is pretty much Kosher Table Salt) to the kitchen where it belongs. Just out of curiosity, I looked at the box to see if there were ANY indications that I was unaware of about soaking feetsies in Kosher Salt Water:
Unless we were BBQing my foot, then there is no need for Kosher Salt on my feet.
I hope she hasn't used this on her feet before. She'd be in a world of swollen if she did.

Message to the Public: KOSHER SALT GOES IN THE KITCHEN. EPSOM SALTS DO NOT GO IN THE KITCHEN.

Furosemide and HCTZ happy trails,
Justine

No comments:

Post a Comment