Thursday, November 4, 2010

Trick or Treat... Emphasis on the Trick.

I've never been home from college to experience the whole "giving kids candy" business. So not only was this year a "treat" in that I got to experience that, but it was made 3000x better because I handed out candy at my grandmother's house.

Here is how a typical "ringing of the doorbell" went:
*doorbell rings*
Babcia: *starts walking down the hallway to the door in her MuuMuu* BOOOOOoooooOOo! BOOooooOoooOOo!!! *opens door*
Kids: TRICK OR TREAT!
Babcia: Oh my goodness! Look at all of these costumes! COME IN! COME IN! (she assured Wenisa and I that this wasn't weird. Apparently she knows all of the children and she didn't think that it was weird to invite children into her home...)
 Kids: ... Trick of Treatttt!!!!
Babcia: OK! I'll take... I'll take the TRICK! What trick do you have for me?
Kids: *DEAD STARE* *DEER IN HEADLIGHTS* uhhhhhhh
Kid #1: I can't do anything...
Babcia: I'm sure you can do something! Sing me a song, do a dance for me, anything? Show me a trick!
Kids: *MORE DEAD STARES*
Kid #2: I'm an acrobat, so I can touch my head with my feet! *proceeds to take off her coat and demonstrate this "Trick"
Babcia: OH WOW! That was wonderful! What about you?
Kid #1: I can't do anything...
Kid #3: I do yoga! I can do Ninja Pose #3 for you...
Babcia: OH WOW! Alrighty, Justine and Wenisa will give you candy now!
You can see the MuuMuu...and Ninja Pose 3.
 She really made these kids WORK IT for their candy. I wish we had this one on video. I felt so awkward for some of the kids, especially the older ones who were probably trying to figure out what the heck they got themselves into. She says she does this every year and the kids love it. I told her that if I lived in her neighborhood I would really have to contemplate the fact that she gives out mini-bags of multiple candies to the fact that I have to do a trick for her. I have a feeling I'd skip over her house... or at least warn the friends I was trick-or-treating with...

of the Lady in the MuuMuu who invites you in her house and makes you do tricks in her foyer.

Effexor and Klonopin Kisses,
Justine

1 comment: